Marketing / Communication Intern
The Franco-American Centre (FAC) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and promoting French language culture and heritage. Located on the campus of St. Anselm College in Manchester, the FAC offers French language classes, movies, art exhibits, performers, guest speakers and cultural events.
The FAC is currently seeking a Marketing / Communications Intern to assist with organizing and promoting events through a variety of methods. The intern will gain hands-on experience at event coordination and promotion, beginning with development of the event concept, determination of target audiences and conception / generation of effective social media and hard-copy promotional materials.
The intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Actively participate in all aspects of coordination and promotion of varied cultural events
2. Maintain accurate databases of participants, vendors and key contacts for events
3. Generate, in collaboration with staff and volunteers, promotional tools including, but not limited to, press releases, flyers, videos and social media
4. Communicate effectively with members, board and media, via phone and in person
5. Other tasks related to organization activities, as assigned
Interested candidates should possess:
· Enthusiastic, positive and creative approach to projects
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of common social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
· Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
· Interest in promoting French language and culture
· Some knowledge of French (spoken and/or written) and social media preferred
French, Liberal Arts and Business majors are well suited for this role. Other candidates who demonstrate requisite skills will be considered.
There is no compensation for this position. Credit may be arranged through the school’s internship office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit www.facnh.com or contact John (email@example.com)