London Internship Program
Gain experience in one of the world's most dynamic global capitals
On the London Internship Program, you’ll engage with London as both a professional and a student, mixing with British, American and international students from day one and interning eight hours a day, three full days per week over several weeks during your time abroad. Your coursework is designed to complement your work experience and to reinforce your professional and academic interests. There are placements available in wide range of industries. This is a unique and affordable study abroad opportunity—if you want to build your resume while earning credit toward your degree, this is a great program option.
- Placement options include: Advertising; arts; business operations; film & television; accounting and entrepreneurship; hospitality; journalism; law; politics (including Parliament); marketing; non-governmental organizations; psychology; public relations; and theater. Upon application, you'll be provided with an Internship Placement Guide which outlines more placement details.
- If you’re interested in British or international politics and public policy, the Parliamentary Internship may be a good option. As a Parliamentary Intern, you will contribute to the everyday operations of important figures in British politics and develop an insider’s understanding of how the British legislature – the House of Commons and the House of Lords – make policy ideas into law.
- You will also take a Cornerstone Course, Work in Thought and Action, in which you’ll complete a substantial research paper, which allows you to make connections between academic study and your placement experience. This research paper will help you think about how your experience connects to your career aspirations. (This is a great writing sample for future graduate school and employment applications!)
- In addition to your placement and the Cornerstone Course, you will enroll in three additional courses selected from a wide range of course offerings for the Arcadia in London program, with the option to enroll in courses at one of our partner institutions (tuition fees will vary):
- City, University of London
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Queen Mary, University of London
- London College of Fashion, University of the Arts, London
- University of Westminster
- Housing is guaranteed
- 12-16 academic credits for fall and spring terms; 32 Credits for full year
- Arcadia sponsored excursions and activities included
- Tuition and fees may apply