Educational Evaluation Specialist Internship
Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is an award-winning consulting and research firm. TCR offers expertise in advanced information technologies, cyber security, risk assessment, data mining, operation research, industrial engineering, online learning, and educational development. TCR’s mission is to help organizations successfully adopt emerging technologies and to optimize their workflow and operations. More information can be found on TCR’s website: https://tcrinc.com/
TCR offers unpaid internships in various industry and functional areas. The internships are designed to help students build critical, in-demand skills needed to succeed in the real world. The internship is virtual so you can work from home. The hours are flexible. There is a weekly online team meeting with your supervisor, the CEO. The internship provides hands-on coaching, mentoring, and training experiences that will help get you noticed by prospective employers. TCR tries to align the specific internship activities/projects with the needs and interest of each intern. Internships can be taken for course credit, CPTs, and OPTs, with permission from your school or university.
Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The Educational Evaluation Specialist works under the direct supervision of TCR’s CEO, Dr. Piliouras. This position involves conducting research on methods and tools to manage, monitor, assess, and refine educational learning programs. Typical projects include: 1) evaluation of project effectiveness, focusing on educational outcomes such as student learning and personal growth; 2) evaluation of educational interventions; 3) design of process flows for organizing eLearning programs, 4) creating course curriculums and rubrics 5) design of engaging education content using principles of brain science and psychology, 6) and mapping course activities to relevant standards.
The following list provides examples of typical project activities:
· Design course elements that will engage learners in content and enhance memory and retention.
· Design and implement survey instruments and assessments to evaluate program effectiveness.
· Collect and compile data through various means such as observations, survey instruments, and participant assessments.
· Analyze data collected as part of program evaluations and develop reports, including program recommendations.
· Participate in weekly team meetings and meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and demonstrating respect for others.
· Ideal candidate is current student or alumni from undergraduate or graduate degree programs with coursework in one or more of the following fields: education, graphic design, psychology, statistics, computer programming, industrial engineering, quantitative and/or qualitative research.
· Knowledge of measurement theories and experience with design, validity, and reliability of instruments is desirable.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office are required.
· Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Captivate, graphic design tools, and/or statistical software is desirable.
· Experience with projects that involve integrating multiple technologies and datasets to solve a business problem is a plus.
· Strong report writing skills are a plus.
· The ability to work both independently and in a team setting is critical, as is the ability to present ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
We are looking for an individual who exhibits integrity, reliability, a positive attitude, and respect for others. To be successful, candidates must have the ability to summarize information, pay attention to detail, complete assignments on time, and an interest and curiosity in learning new things.