Engineer - Transportation
Our Transportation practice specializes in analysis, design, construction inspection, evaluation, monitoring and rehabilitation for a wide variety of transportation infrastructure projects. We offer a wide range of expertise to support client needs for both new and existing transportation structures.
We are hiring for an entry-level structural engineer to join our Transportation Team in Boston. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the area of foundation design and soil mechanics.
- Execution of technical aspects under the supervision of a project manager.
- Assisting a team to produce design drawings, and model in a team environment.
- Assisting in field work such as inspection and monitoring of construction and site investigation.
- This position may also require some field inspections related to foundation installation or SOE construction which may require OSHA training.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Experience in CAD and Revit modeling to be able to prepare engineering drawings.
- Reinforced concrete design experience.
- Ability to utilize a structural analysis took such as; SAP2000, STAAD, or RiSA.
- Proficient in production tools such as; MathCAD, Excel, etc.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.