Supervisor: Ed Cabral, Director of Sponsorships and Corporate Relations
Term: Fall / Winter/ Spring / Summer
Full and Part time positions available; flexible scheduling
Compensation: Unpaid, May be for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning
Applicants are welcome to check with their Career Center for possible funding sources from their college or university.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy and curating world-class art experiences at the WaterFire Arts Center.
WaterFire seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented student who is energetic, a team player and results-oriented. This intern would work directly with the Development team and would be involved in many aspects of WaterFire. The intern would learn not only how a nonprofit arts organization operates, but also gain valuable skills and insights into marketing, fundraising, public relations, major gift giving and special projects. The intern could also get experience in researching, tracking and writing grants, developing community partnerships and executing fundraising events. They might also gain experience in maintaining and expanding private donor support, researching prospects and developing individualized prospect strategies.
WaterFire is a seasonal event and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of WaterFire Providence administration.
- Ability to assist with all aspects of major gifts stewardship
- Ability to take detailed and precise notes
- Ability to assist with planning and execution of fundraising events for major gift donors and prospects
- Ability to assist with data entry, research, mailings, filing and other skilled administrative tasks related to WaterFire’s philanthropy and fundraising activities
- Ability to research and present ideas that are cost saving, can increase funding and will support the mission of WaterFire Providence
- Ability to organize, prepare and track sponsorship event materials and communications including eNewsletters, press releases, website content, email blasts, social media, phone calls, etc.
- Ability to assist with outreach to volunteers, media contacts, corporate partners and Brazier Society Members
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Must be professional in dealing with a variety of people
- Must have a genuine interest in art, culture and community, and WaterFire
- Must have a sense of humor and positive outlook!
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Google Drive and have general computer and internet knowledge
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.
For more information on WaterFire Providence, visit www.waterfire.org.