Police Officer - Entry Level
BECOME MORE. #JOINCVPD
*Police Recruit pay NOW starts up to $80K based on experience*
*Eligible Police Laterals may receive up to $25,000 lateral incentive and $5,000 moving bonus*
We’re currently hiring approximately 30 sworn positions. Chula Vista Police Department is currently one of the highest paid agencies in the San Diego County. We offer not only a competitive salary but a great benefits package. A highlight of our benefit package is FREE Medical insurance for yourself and family. Below is some information regarding our selection process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
PLEASE FORMALLY APPLY IN THE LINK BELOW!
The hiring process is approximately 3-5 months long.
1. You apply at Police Recruit | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
2. You will take the written test (PELLETB) or waive it off with an AA degree or higher
3. You will take the Physical Agility Test, (will not take PAT if AA or BA degree submitted)
The PAT consists of:
-1.5 mile run in under 14 minutes
-Dummy Drag (165lb)
4. If successful, you will be invited to the background investigation phase.
5. Nearing the end of backgrounds you will take your polygraph at a later date.
6. After completion of the polygraph, you will interview with our Chief of Police
7. The Chief may or may not give you a job offer
8. If you receive a job offer, it will be on the condition you successfully complete a medical and psychological exam
9. Once you complete the medical and psychological exam, you will receive an academy date
Couple of highlights:
Starting salary range of Police Recruit: $66k-$80K depending on experience.
Police Officer Top pay of $106k, reached within 3.5 years.
We currently have a $25,000 Lateral Bonus, $5,000 Moving Bonus, and starting Police Recruit Pay UP to $80,000 based on experience. (Eligibility: Honorable Discharged from Military, 1-yr experience as Private/Non-Safety Correctional/Detentions Officers. 6-mnths experience as Correctional Deputy Sheriff, Military Police or Military Detentions, Peace officer experience in another state, and Federal Law Enforcement Exp.)
Medical option fully paid by the city.
90% approval rating by the city.
Innovative technologies: UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems), Live 911 dispatch program, New Hybrid Patrol vehicle fleet, department issued smartphones, Redlight preemptive technology.
Please utilize the "LinkTree" link below for valuable resources available to you!