Secondary Special Education Teacher
Secondary Special Education Teacher in the Yuma Union High School District. Grades 9-12.
Grades 9-12. See job description here: https://yumaunion.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=6160
Please see the district website at www.yumaunion.org for more information.
Here are salary numbers that might be of interest to you:
- $41,000 starting salary (Bachelor's); $43,000 starting salary (Master's)
- $10,000 Prop 301 - based on 2020-21 monies distributed
- $500 Indian Gaming - based on 3-year average
- $750 Prop 123
- Three sport seasons per year - Coaching stipends range from $2,945-$4,450 per season.
- Other common stipend opportunities for teachers include Class/Club Sponsor ($1,100 stipend)
- Relocation one-time payment of $1,000 for newly hired appropriately certified YUHSD teachers who relocate from at least 50 miles away from Yuma
- $35/hr for substituting during plan period
- 12 days of general leave
- Insurance benefit, which is valued at $8000. This means that the employee does not have to pay for medical insurance. Some districts take money out of paycheck to provide the employee with medical insurance.
- Arizona State Retirement ($6,708)
- Social Security (Not all states have teachers that pay into this. Arizona's teachers do).
- Since Yuma Union High School District is a Title I district, you may qualify for loan forgiveness. This is up to your loan provider.