Virtual Global & Public Health Internship - India
Please note this program is an unpaid global health education program. There is a program fee required to participate. This program fee compensates our instructors fairly. CFHI is a nonprofit organization committed to fair-trade partnerships around the world.
The Virtual Global & Public Health Internship offers undergraduate, pre-health, and graduate-level participants the unique opportunity to learn foundational, industry-specific skills for careers in Global Health, Public Health, and related fields. Through virtual seminars and meetings, interns will explore public health issues in India, highlighting how communities address their most pressing health challenges including infectious diseases, sanitation and waste management, and access to safe drinking water. Interns will have the opportunity to network with healthcare providers and NGO professionals who are working to implement social reforms and improve public health outcomes in India. This includes a placement with one Delhi-based partner organization, where interns will enhance their knowledge and skills through supporting the organization's ongoing work.
- Competency-informed readings and content
- Intercultural training through CFHI partner Aperian Global
- Virtual sessions led by CFHI Global Partners, who are experts in local health systems and culture
- Facilitated group reflection sessions
- Project-based work to deepen understanding of local health realities and support operations and objectives of the host organization/partners
- Cultural learning/virtual immersion
- Seminars on health topics
- Final presentation and report to synthesize learning
CFHI offers options for students and faculty to fit your interests and schedule. Choose your program duration, or for a comparative experience, choose to participate in multiple programs.
Please contact Robin Young at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.