Staff Geotechnical Engineer
Are you a geotechnical engineering graduate student, or recent graduate, with a passion for solving soil work and foundation problems? Do you enjoy being outdoors and getting your hands dirty, both figuratively and literally? Are you interested in being part of a team of creative, innovative and hard-working engineers and scientists, working together to help find solutions to several of the Earth’s biggest problems?
GeoEngineers, Inc. is a leading national earth science and technology consulting firm established in 1980 that provides unparalleled client service and innovative engineering solutions. We are looking for an entry-level engineer to assist with a diversity of technically challenging, ground-breaking projects across multiple markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Staff Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for several field aspects of our geotechnical services, including field exploration and observation of earthwork and foundation construction. You can expect to spend a significant portion of your time in the field on projects, both big and small, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of soil conditions and construction related geotechnical engineering issues. You’ll also be involved in report preparation and performing geotechnical analysis, such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, deep foundation design, and seismic evaluation. This position may also provide support to our geotechnical teams in other locations as needed.
· BS degree in Civil or Geological Engineering required; MS in Geotechnical or related field strongly preferred.
· 1 to 3 years of experience in geotechnical engineering preferred.
· Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification.
· Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and successfully work within a team.
· Proven problem solving, and professional-level verbal and written communication skills are a must!
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Must be willing to travel domestically as needed.
To learn more about life at GeoEngineers please visit our website at http://www.geoengineers.com.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.