Social Media Marketing Intern
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to protect, preserve and promote western freedoms and ideals. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist and best-selling author Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
We are looking for an enthusiastic social media intern to join our marketing department and provide and execute creative ideas to help achieve our marketing and fundraising campaign goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics. As a social media and marketing intern, you will collaborate with our team in all stages of marketing campaigns.
This internship will help you acquire new marketing skills, strengthen existing ones, and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in social media for a non-profit organization and how this channel connects to overall marketing and fundraising strategy and tactics and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced, virtual, work environment.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Update and proofread content on AHA Foundation’s social media and website.
- Help produce social media posts with copywriting to be used across Facebook and Twitter.
- Create visual elements like designs and graphics through Canva or Adobe Illustrator to be used across social media.
- Manage comments and responses to social media posts and stories posted on AHA Foundation’s website.
- Support marketing team in daily administrative tasks and donor cultivation via emails and calls.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree.
- Superb attention to detail, strong writing, proofreading skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editing and grammar skills
- Passion for social media and marketing, and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite and social media management systems like Buffer Publish.
- Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
About AHA Foundation
We are a small, virtual non-profit focusing on women's and children's rights in the U.S. AHA Foundation believes in liberty for all. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence and forced marriages. And it means liberty to challenge the ideology of Islamism - extremism that threatens Western civilization - with rational, Enlightenment thought.