Investment Banking Analyst (Class of 2022)
Investment Banking Analyst
Vaquero Capital, a leading technology investment bank in San Francisco, is looking for a high performing Investment Banking Analyst to start Summer 2022. The position involves working on a variety of transactions for leading technology companies, including mergers and acquisitions and capital raising transactions. The Analyst will be immediately assigned to live projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit. They will work directly with senior bankers and clients on all aspects of deal execution and new business support. The Analyst will have an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships and structuring and executing a full range of transactions.
· Work on a wide range of transactions including private financings and M&A transactions
· Work closely with other Analysts, Associates, and senior bankers on all facets of deal execution and closing processes
· Prepare financial and business analyses including (but not limited to) financial models, industry research, management presentations, confidential information memorandums, and software company KPIs
· Prepare materials for and participate in new business development
· Maintain relationships with clients and senior bankers
We are focused on hiring people with the potential to be successful and advance at Vaquero. A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
· High attention to detail, organization, leadership, commitment, initiative, and creativity
· Desire to be involved in a fast-paced, high performance work environment
· Prior internships / work experience in financial services
· Independent thinker, comfortable taking initiative as well as excellent writing abilities.
· Experience in financial modeling, market and industry research, creating presentation materials, drafting of memoranda and offering documents for internal and external use, is preferred
· High levels of ethics, integrity, and judgment
· Proficiency with industry standard technology (Pitchbook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic performance at a top tier academic institution. Class of 2022 graduates preferred
About Vaquero Capital
Vaquero advises technology companies on mergers and acquisitions and capital raising transactions. Vaquero is focused on serving entrepreneurs and investors in fast growing businesses in SaaS, Internet, mobile, and data. Our mission is to provide superior positioning, process management, and transaction execution for capital raising and mergers and acquisitions. We seek to combine superior execution with extensive industry knowledge and strong relationships with investors, buyers, and innovative companies in our core vertical sectors.
San Francisco, California