Machine Learning Engineer
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class machine learning engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about staying at the forefront of deep learning technology, prototyping state-of-the-art neural net models and launching these models into production. We value hard workers who have no qualms working with terabyte-scale datasets, who are interested in learning new technologies at all levels of the machine learning stack, and who move fast and take ownership of their projects. Our ideal candidate has experience creating a working machine learning-powered project from the ground up, contributes innovative ideas and ingenious implementations to the team, and is capable of planning out scalable, maintainable data pipelines.
- Everything involved in applying a ML model to a production use case, including, designing and coding up the neural network, gathering and refining data, training and tuning the model, deploying it at scale with high throughput and uptime, and analyzing the results in the wild in order to continuously update and improve accuracy and speed
- Interface closely with the Backend and DevOps teams as well as with our internal data labeling services
- Utilize OWASP top 10 techniques to secure code from vulnerabilities
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a 4-year university in computer science or similar technical field, with significant coursework in mathematics or statistics
- 1-2 years industry machine learning experience
- You have successfully trained and deployed a deep learning machine model (image, NLP, video, or audio) into production, with measurably improved performance over baseline, either in industry or as a personal project
- Strong experience with a high-level machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, or Torch, and familiarity with the others
- You know the ins and outs of Python, especially as it applies to the above ML frameworks
- Capable of quickly coding and prototyping data pipelines involving any combination of Python, Node, bash, and linux command-line tools, especially when applied to large datasets consisting of millions of files
- A working knowledge of the following technologies, or are not afraid of picking it up on the fly: C++, Scala/Spark, SQL, Cassandra, Docker
- You are up-to-date on the latest deep neural net research and architectures, both in understanding the theory and motivations behind the techniques, as well as how to implement them in the ML framework of your choice
- Great communication skills and ability to work with others
- Strong team player, with a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a transformative AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in the world. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $120,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.