Research Associate I - Scientist I (Biochemistry)
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Research Associate I - Scientist I will work on biochemical validation of drug candidates for different CFTR variants in biochemical assays. This position is responsible for assay development, tissue culture, Western blots, mRNA analysis, and other biochemical and molecular biology assays. The Research Associate III will be proficient in assay development with knowledge and skills to perform assays independently. This position contributes to data generation, analysis, internal presentations and engages in communications/collaborations to support groups across the CFFT lab in their projects related to protein purification and assay development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform laboratory experiments using standard techniques and equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and Quality Control of experimental activities independently with the approval of the Scientist.
- Perform related lab maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
- Perform calculations to complete research test results; collates data; and performs analysis of lab results for discussion with the supervisor.
- Participate in group meetings for discussion of data and suggested next steps.
- Maintain detailed records of the work carried out (electronic lab notebook).
- Collate results in preparation for internal meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences or Related Field with a minimum of 1+ years of R & D Laboratory experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic team.
- Reports to the Scientist IV; no direct reports.
- Commute to lab every workday - Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused meetings, as necessary.
- Standing, sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for set-up of lab equipment.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.