Product Development & Procurement Fellow Rotational Program
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, operations or related disciplines with outstanding record of academic achievement preferred; undergraduate degree with 1+ years of experience after completion
- Knowledge of the full value chain including purchasing/supply management, product development, manufacturing, lean, etc.
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be based in Atlanta or Chicago as part of our Product Development & Procurement service line in North America. This group blends strategic thinking with hands-on practicality to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
Product Development & Procurement is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations unlock growth through product and cost transformations, with an emphasis on sustainability, customer experience, and the latest digital and analytical solutions.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work with teams of McKinsey colleagues and clients to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses and develop recommendations in each of your rotations.
You’ll have the opportunity to sharpen your technical skills, develop your knowledge in the operations space and become a skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their organizations through product portfolio, innovation and design, product optimization, category management and supplier collaboration.
In this leadership program, you will spend 18 months rotating across key areas of our Product Development & Procurement service line. You will spend time in our Design-to-Value Lab conducting “teardowns” and learning how to analyze products using cleansheet modeling. You will work closely with our digital procurement team on the forefront of a capability that is rapidly changing the traditional purchasing and sourcing space. Additionally, you will play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients. At the end of the program, we will work with you to determine the best role to continue forward.