Destined for Greatness 2023 Media Videographer Spring Internship
Destined for Greatness Outreach Youth Center is a non profit 501(c)3 organization that provides programs and services toward elementary, middle, and high school students to promote community empowerment. It is our hope to become of the non-profits that is able to help bridge the gap and achieve the goal of "celebrating our youth and opening doors for their future" in the Atlanta Metro surrounding areas through an array of programs that include mentoring, volunteering on the youth advisory board, performing arts, and after school tutorial.
Destined for Greatness Outreach Youth Center is seeking a Video Editor. In this role, you must be a self-starter and a skilled collaborator and is ideal for anyone who is obsessed with storytelling, people, and the communities they live in.
The video editor will develop our approach to visual storytelling, working closely with editors, reporters, and photographers to shape our projects. A strong candidate will have a mix of creative video, photography and design skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to a young audience, optimize it for different platforms, and build and maintain a network of sources while bringing perspective and context in their content creation.
We strive to improve the status quo of our industry by providing an empowering and passionate work full of opportunities for our team.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated video editor with experience in video production and cinematography and video editing. The ideal candidate will have a passion for multimedia projects, a sharp eye for detail, and strong fundamentals in video production as well as knowledge in video editing software. You will be an important part of our growing team of professionals. It’s an exciting time for us as we are expanding and experiencing rapid growth.
• Create engaging digital stories through production and editing of RAW footage that captivates and intrigue audiences
• Compose documentary style edits and cinematic featurettes 1-2 songs in length within the timeframe of 72 hours
• Communicate successfully with internal team members during the life cycle of projects so that he/she understands the project timeline and requirements
• Source royalty-free music to be utilized in production edits
• Manage small to medium technical projects, act as project lead and working with videographers and team members as needed
• Execute production of projects for projects in a timely manner while managing workflow
• Coordinate collection of video footage from videographers and being a resource for videographers on the team
• Assist with technical issues regarding video delivery, download and process
• Collaborate with the marketing team to shoot, create, and edit promotional and educational videos
The ideal candidate:
• Digital Film/Video Production experience
• Industry experience with a strong online portfolio
• Mac Environment
• Proven knowledge of video editing software of choice such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or Premiere Elements (Adobe Create Suite)
• Expert technical knowledge and the ability to shoot and edit professional videos to bring a project from start to completion
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter explaining why you’d be a great addition to our team and how your purpose resonates with ours. Learn more about us at www. dfgyouth.org!
Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
Our Core Values: