The Center for Neurorestoration and Neurotechnology (CfNN) at the Providence VA Medical Center is seeking multiple Research Assistants (RA) to join our multidisciplinary research team.
The RA supports all aspects of the research project(s) performing clinical, research, technical and administrative duties including: study recruitment, screening and interviewing research participants, and performing clinical assessments as detailed in the study protocol(s). The position requires careful attention to detail in reviewing study data, and reliable execution of other study related tasks as assigned by the Principal Investigator(s), Team Leader and/or Regulatory Manager. The RA is responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of research data and also serves as the focal point for interactions among the research participants enrolled in the project(s).
Some responsibilities include:
• Responsible for managing study participant processing and flow from initial recruitment, informed consent and enrollment, to referral to the appropriate intervention arm of the study (if applicable), follow-up assessments and reimbursements.
• Conducts surveys using standardized survey instruments or specific assessment tools.
• Enters research data into data sets per research protocol(s) and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Operates specialized research equipment.
• Prepares and maintains Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions and documentation, and other required regulatory documentation.
• Develops and maintains SOPs specific to research projects.
• Prepares draft technical reports, manuscripts, and grant proposals.
• Maintains integrity and confidentiality of data and private health information.
· Required: BA/BS degree in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or related field.
· Previous research experience in a psychology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or other research setting.
· Knowledge of computer software (e.g., Endnote, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), other related statistical software packages, and electronic databases including PubMed.
· Good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently.
· Computer programming experience is helpful.
A criminal and educational background check is required. This position is not telework eligible.