Job Title - Analyst
Who we are
Founded in 1999, Next Capital Management is an independent, SEC Registered Investment Advisor that offers investment and advisory services to high-net worth individuals, families, trusts, and businesses in a multi-family office style approach. At Next Capital, we strive to deliver a thoughtful, customized wealth management experience. We foster a collaborative atmosphere that is both dynamic and professional.
Who we’re looking for
An energetic Analyst to join our fourteen-member New York City firm who will help implement investment recommendations, create prospective client proposals, and assist with the operational aspects of managing client accounts.
This position is on a Financial Advisor career track and has significant upward potential. Our dynamic culture creates a hands-on training opportunity for highly motivated self-starters interested in the wealth management industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Account Administration: Handle trading and portfolio reporting.
- Investment Portfolio Implementation: Work with the Advisor to create custom portfolios that adhere to the firm’s guidelines.
- Portfolio Rebalance Recommendations: Monitor client portfolios and propose changes as appropriate.
- Client Relationship Management: Work with the Advisor to maintain and develop client relationships.
- Prospective Client Proposals: Work with the Advisor to create presentations for prospective clients.
- Data Management: Assist with the maintenance of investment performance, client service tracking in Salesforce, and other data.
Desired Skills and Experience
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field with strong academic credentials
- Prospective December 2021 or May 2022 graduation, or up to 1+ years experience in financial services
- Focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Interest in or progress toward a CFP designation a strong plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
- Desire and ability to grow in a small company environment