Research Lab Technician
The Choudhary Vascular Research Laboratory is seeking a full-time research lab technician to join the team. The laboratory is located at the Providence VA Medical Center and Ocean State Research Institute and is affiliated with Brown University. The laboratory utilizes both basic science and animal/preclinical models to test novel hypotheses. The overall research focus includes: elucidate the mechanisms involved in right heart dysfunction and failure in settings of lung diseases such as pulmonary hypertension, delineate the pathophysiology and underlying mechanisms of pulmonary vascular remodeling, and determine the regulatory mechanisms in exercise intolerance in setting of lung diseases. For more information about the vascular lab and Dr. Choudhary’s program, please visit the website at https://www.brown.edu/research/labs/vascular/faculty/choudhary-research-overview.
1. Perform laboratory experiments utilizing standard techniques and equipment.
2. Process, organize, and summarize experimental data and present results.
3. Manage and maintain experimental records.
4. Work with rodents including animal handling and husbandry and mouse colony management.
5. Assist in the design of laboratory experiments, techniques, and protocols.
6. Instruct lab staff and students in basic laboratory techniques.
7. Perform laboratory maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment, inventorying/ordering supplies, interfacing with facility management and research administration
8. Responsible for processing lab supply orders and other administrative duties to support the biological science program, under the direction of the lab manager.
BA/BS preferably in a life science discipline
2-3 years experience in biomedical research
Demonstrated abilities in lab techniques (immunoblotting, histology, PCR, genotyping, cell culture)
Proficiency in software applications such as Excel and Prism
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates please send CV to email@example.com