Associate Analyst 3 - Structured Finance - Start Date by January 2022
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research function. RRS will contribute to the overall goals and objectives of Moody's Investors Service by enabling the company to operate more effectively and to better meet the evolving expectations of our stakeholders. While the Rating and Research Team (R&R) retains ownership of our opinions on credit, the contribution of our RRS associates into the rating process is critical. As a company, we value and focus on producing top-quality ratings and research. RRS is an essential element in that equation as one of its objectives is to shape the Lead Analysts of the future.
As an Associate Analyst 3 (AA3), you will be a part of a global team of over 600+ Associate Analysts. Your role as an AA3 within the RRS will help to broaden your horizons into topics such as the rating process, contributing to credit documents, formulating ratios, and comparative statistics.
This role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams. To that end, Associates provide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work.
As an Associate Analyst 3 you will:
- Join one of Moody’s Structured Finance teams depending on your background and Moody’s business need
- Receive analytical and professional onboarding by the Moody’s Credit Academy program plus on-going training, including selective cross-training in different asset classes or sector
- Support senior lead analysts across different offices with financial modeling and preparation of rating committees, publications such as press releases, credit opinions, research and investor outreach materials
- Be mentored by senior lead analysts to further develop your analytical skills
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
- Work as a team with other associates in RRS, and lead analysts in R&R, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, running models and tools, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Graduating with minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preferably some relevant experience (including internships)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Statistical language knowledge and technical skills, a strong plus
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.