Policy and Project Coordinator - Private Insurance & Drug Affordability
The Policy and Project Coordinator provides critical policy work, research, advocacy, coalition support, and overall administrative support for HCFA’s priority issues and campaigns. This role includes a focus on engaging statewide coalitions representing various constituencies, such as consumer advocates, community organizations, health care professionals, researchers and insurers to promote the organization’s campaigns.
This position is currently focused on HCFA’s prescription drug affordability and private insurance policy work, however, in the future, the topic areas that this position will work on may change due to funding and programmatic opportunities:
· Support the tracking of legislation and budget priorities, coordination of State House literature drops and advocacy days, drafting written testimony, and preparing for public hearings
· Conduct research for advocacy campaigns and support the production of reports, fact sheets, action alerts, blog posts, talking points, and other written materials as needed in coordination with the policy team
· Expand, activate, educate and convene coalition membership to promote HCFA’s campaign(s)
· Manage coalition member lists, assist with communications to coalition members and maintain ongoing communication and engagement
· Provide logistical support for campaign and coalition meetings
· Educate diverse communities about HCFA’s campaigns and issue areas
· Coordinate with HCFA’s HelpLine, organizing and outreach staff on efforts to collect and record consumer stories that can be helpful to campaigns and the media
· Represent HCFA at external meetings, as needed
· Facilitate coordination and collaboration with other HCFA coalitions and departments
· Provide grant proposal and report writing support
· Other duties as assigned
This position will be supervised by the Co-Director of Policy and Government Relations.
· Commitment to health care access and social justice
· At least 2 years of experience working in health care policy, politics or a related field; experience in a non-profit setting a plus
· Experience conducting research and interpreting policy analyses
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities with poise, patience and professionalism
· Excellent attention to details and accuracy
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as work well as part of a team
· Interest in working with a dynamic and diverse team of colleagues within a rapidly moving landscape
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· A sense of humor
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
· Annual Salary Range: $50,000 - $56,000
· Generous paid time off policy
· Robust benefits package
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Policy and Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
Health Care For All is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.