Research Technician - Valente Lab
ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: Research Technician
Perform a variety of routine scientific tasks; may prepare test specimens; set up and operate standard lab equipment of moderate complexity; record data providing basic analyses and interpretations; may perform a limited number of non-repetitive procedures; perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Selected individuals are expected to work under the direct supervision of a staff scientist. They are expected to help and promote the research activity of the staff scientist.
- Participate in team meetings for experimental planning and review
- Perform experiments
- Document and analyze experimental data
- Troubleshoot, provide oral and written reports of experiments
- Provide support with general laboratory maintenance and compliance with health and safety policies
- Help to train, supervise, and mentor junior staff as needed
- Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline and up to one (1) year of related experience.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of related laboratory experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in cloning, biochemistry, tissue culture.
- Prior experience with HIV is welcome.
- Florida & Palm Beach County residents are preferred.
- Commensurate with experience.
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.