Operation Services Associate - Document Collateral Team
The incumbent will ensure the timely and accurate processing of syndicated loan and standby letter of credit transactions originated by the Bank’s Front Office. Main responsibilities include reviewing loan transactions, ensuring terms and conditions are within the internal approved parameters with the terms and conditions of the credit agreement. S/he should strictly adhere to Bank’s risk governance framework, policies, procedures and regulatory compliance requirements.
Include but are not limited to:
Syndication Loan Processing
- Review and verify initial advance to ensure all executed documentations are in place
- Validate and prepare all subsequent loan booking instructions, pay downs, rate changes against notifications received and ensure all required approvals are obtained
- Prepare and arrange SWIFT message and funding position in connection to foreign currency transactions
- Ensure the collection and posting of all associated closing fees
- Monitor fee amortization and report any issues.
- Create, maintain and scan loan transactions, fee payments, etc. for operational record keeping, facilitation and audit purposes
- Review Secondary Trades, including Trade confirmation, Assignment Agreement and funding memo
- Review end of day reconciliation to ensure all related transactions are processed
- Reconcile on-going cyclic commitment and facility fees.
- Reconcile participation standby letters of credit balances and cyclic fees.
- Daily monitor, review and control of loan due date transactions.
- Daily monitor and follow up status on past due items.
- Report any outstanding issues to superior for resolution
- Compliance awareness related to unusual transaction trends.
- Alert of any suspicious items and report to BSA Officer of the Front Business Line
- Conduct annual balance confirmation for Syndication deals from auditors
- Respond to inquiries related to Syndications product in a timely manner
- Maintain and update the contact list of Syndication deals
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with major in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ year of working experience in banking or financial services is preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of secondary trades, reconciliation of payments and basic accounting principles
- Bilingual ability in Mandarin and English is preferred