Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this role is eligible to work temporarily in a remote capacity. This will be revisited throughout the internship as a return to the office will begin when it is safe to do so.
Assist our professional staff in organizing office work flow with an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities. This position is for someone interested in learning about our financial planning practice.
- Support our team in preparing for client visits, follow-up from client visits and special projects as assigned.
- Support and assistance with financial planning process.
- Work with the Ameriprise headquarters to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues.
- Learn to utilize practice tools (i.e. SalesForce, Outlook, etc.).
- Attend/participate in training and office meetings upon request.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by our team.
For success in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to use MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Adobe, Skype, accounting software, contact management systems, database software and other software tools as necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- It is essential that the Intern has a high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment and trust. The financial health, image and goodwill of the company are highly influenced by the person holding this position.
- The successful Intern will have good to excellent inter and intra personal relationship skills, effective communication skills and the willingness to show empathy and understanding for various points of view.
- Able to communicate with clients in a professional, clear and concise manner. Must exercise discretion in dealing with the personal information of clients.
- It is essential that the Intern be timely and consistent.