Financial Reporting Accountant
To assist the Finance and Accounting Department with investment accounting, general ledger, reporting and reserve accounting. Responsible for preparing various reconciliations. Complete various schedules associated with the quarterly and annual statement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
At Safety National, we live by the following five core values: Relationships, Integrity, Teamwork, Balance and Stability. Our Core Values serve as the fundamental foundation of our corporate culture and drive our interactions, both internally and externally. An essential function of all Safety National positions is to fully embrace and represent these core values in our daily work life and relationships.
Prepare the recording of journal entries for Safety First and Safety Specialty as well as various other monthly accruals. Prepare account reconciliations and resolve differences/issues.
- Journal entries include various monthly balance sheet and income statement entries
- Reconciliations include various balance sheet accounts to include bank reconciliations
Responsible for the preparation of monthly investment journal entries.
- Safety Specialty and Safety First STAT & GAAP investments entries to include reconciliation
Responsible for preparation of various monthly & quarterly reports for Safety First and Safety Specialty.
- Monthly reports to include: Loss Incurred, Loss Adjustment Expense Incurred and Unallocated Loss Adjustment Expense, Deferred Acquisition Cost, Surplus Reconciliation, Department Budget Reports, Unearned Premium and Gross Premium Written.
- Quarterly reports to include: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Investment Income Report, GAAP Income Report, Department Budget Reports and Premium Deficiency Reserve calculation.
Quarterly and Annual Statements:
Responsible for preparation of several schedules included in our quarterly and annual statements.
Backup for Financial Reporting Accountant and Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
4 year Accounting Degree
Experience in general ledger and reconciliations
PeopleSoft experience is a plus
Experience in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
Good oral and written communication skills
Able to prioritize tasks and complete duties within a specified time frame
Dependable, organized, motivated and accountable with a mature attitude
Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, with the ability to maintain a positive attitude during ever-changing challenges and priorities in a fast-paced environment
In order to meet the needs of the Corporation, employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of, those described above.