Manager- Compensation and Benefits
Primary Location : UNITED STATES-NY-SYRACUSE
Other Locations : UNITED STATES-NC-Charlotte
Organization : Equitable
Schedule : Full-time
At Equitable, our power is our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Compensation and Benefits Manager will work directly with the Director of Benefits to coordinate the administration of all benefits plans, and programs, including all retirement and company equity programs, executive compensation, medical, dental, vision, and voluntary benefit programs; life insurance, short-and long-term disability, and any ad hoc projects. They will provide benefits expertise when engaging with employees, retirees, Financial Professionals, vendors, business leaders and other constituent groups. They will coordinate and prepare executive committee materials. They will collaborate with internal liaisons to our Talent Acquisition, Reward and Recognition, HR People Leaders and business areas as it relates to benefits and compensation support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of HR experience
- 2+ years of benefits experience in corporate compensation or benefits administration
- SHRM certification
- PHR, CBP or other creditable HR certificates
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws including EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation, investigations, compensation, and benefits
- Ability to professionally handle and maintain confidential information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google suite of products
- Background in Agile methodology or New Ways of Working is a plus
- High degree of flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, vet