Yleana Leadership Foundation Internship Program
The Yleana Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit organization based in New York City, is seeking motivated college students for its internship program during the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. The Yleana Leadership Foundation creates exceptional educational experiences for young people of all income levels: preparing our students for success as people and professionals while decreasing the opportunity gap.
About Yleana Leadership Foundation:
- Yleana Leadership Foundation is committed to closing the opportunity gap for students from historically marginalized communities.
- We have served over 1,000 students since 2013.
- Our college access programs focus on academic and professional mentoring, elite test preparation, entrepreneurship training, college application advising and mentoring, distance learning, and the Yleana Leadership Academy: a 3 week-long immersion program during the summer held on college campuses.
- All of our programs are completely free for our students and employ a culturally responsive curriculum that is both motivational and trauma-informed.
The internship is an opportunity for engaged college students to gain real professional experience, expand their networks, and hone useful skills while helping us reach our mission. There are 4 available teams to join. These internships are remote, unpaid, and have the option to extend (many of our interns choose to stay on for several semesters). This is an excellent program for students who are looking to gain real experience in event planning, digital/social media, nonprofit communications, or college access and curriculum writing while directly impacting an amazing mission.
Interns have a high level of freedom and flexibility, so we're looking for self-starters who can function well with minimal supervision. Our ideal candidates have experience in the team they wish to join, creativity, and a high level of attention to detail.
See below for more information about our four teams.
- Interns will be expected to work with us and learn for approximately 10 hours per week; work schedules are flexible.
- The position will run from October 4, 2021 to May 26, 2022.
- This end date is flexible based on interns’ school schedules; please contact us if you have any questions about the dates
- Interns will work remotely with the use of Zoom, Slack, and Google Suite.
To apply, please fill out this application: https://bit.ly/YLF-interns21
The deadline to apply is October 4, 2021. If selected, you will be invited to an interview.
Diversity and equal opportunity are at the core of Yleana Leadership Foundation and our mission. We are committed to building a team that reflects the world. People who identify as members of historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email us at email@example.com with questions. Thank you for your interest in the Yleana Leadership Foundation!