Marketing & Communications Intern - AMP Up Boston
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Intern - AMP Up Boston
Supervisor: V.P. for Public Policy
Responsibilities: Assist with marketing and outreach to enroll eligible Boston Housing Authority residents in EMPath’s first Randomized Control Trial.
● Participate in all aspects of planning and implementing a multi-modal marketing campaign for EMPath’s newest program including: utilizing texting platforms, social media, press outreach and paid advertising.
● Assist in distributing marketing materials to public housing developments
● Identify and reach out community groups to provide information on the program
● Work with EMPath’s communications teams to complete marketing deliverables
● Support Director of Advocacy to promote EMPath’s policy agenda
● Support Director of Advocacy to promote participant engagement in Advocacy and to promote ethical involvement of participants in the advocacy program. Support efforts to increase diversity, equity and inclusion in EMPath’s advocacy work.
● Other tasks as needed
• Tech savvy with experience in communications, marketing and/or social media
● Desire to learn about economic mobility programs and to promote EMPath’s mission
● Proficient with technology
Working Conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, requires eye hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye-sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed at home, in the office and within the community