English/Spanish Translation 5 Month Internship
Amazon Conservation is a non-profit organization that unites science, innovation and community to protect the western Amazon—the greatest wild forest on earth. The organization empowers thousands of people every year, protects over 4 million acres of Amazonian rainforest, and promotes cutting-edge science and technology research and practices.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
Amazon Conservation is seeking an English/Spanish Translation intern for our DC office to assist in:
· Translate, edit, and proofread documents from English to Spanish and vice versa
· Transcribe webinars and videos from English or Spanish, then translate the text into the other language
· Assisting with other projects as needed
Dates of the internship are flexible, but should last roughly 5 months. While normally preference would be given to interns who can commit at least two full days/week (15 hours) in our office, we are currently working remotely until further notice and all are encouraged to apply.
What you get:
Although our internships are unpaid and we cannot offer a transportation stipend, we hope to offer a great learning environment and let you have a leading role in projects that match your interest. If you are seeking credit for this internship, we are more than happy to work with you and your school to make that happen.
Through this internship, you’ll:
· Get hands-on translation, international outreach, and communications experience
· Be trained on a variety of software and databases to expand your technology skills
· Grow your resume and portfolio with interesting and relevant projects over which you’ll have ownership
· Learn more about how nonprofits function and how they are managed
· Increase your knowledge of conservation, climate change, and environmental protection
· Learn from seasoned conservation professionals doing work in a variety of fields
· Contribute to the conservation of one of the most diverse and important ecosystems in the world
What we are looking for:
· Native or professional listening, reading, and writing proficiency in English and Spanish
· Any college majors welcome, but preference is given to Spanish majors/minors, Latin America studies, and Linguistics students, or native Spanish speakers
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Proficient in Microsoft office
· High attention to detail and organization
· Strong writing and storytelling skills
· A “can-do” attitude and ability to take initiative
· Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
· Knowledge of MS Office applications and Google Drive
· Interest in conservation and Latin America preferred
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line "Communications Intern." Please indicate your availability (dates and hours/week) and level of Spanish in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; position is open until filled.