Operations & Managerial Interns
Dispeker Artists has been a leading classical music artist management firm since 1947. Based in downtown Manhattan, Dispeker Artists manages the careers and touring activities of both established and up-and-coming international performing artists and ensembles. With a focus in classical instrumentalists, vocalists, conductors, and chamber music ensembles, Dispeker Artists has been expanding their roster of dance, cirque companies and special projects in recent seasons.
Dispeker Artists seeks Operations & Managerial Interns to function as a key member of our team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, arranging travel (domestic and International), housing and rehearsals for touring artists, issuing and processing engagement contracts, filing US visa and taxes waiver applications for international artists, preparing engagement itineraries, maintaining press materials and providing accounting and social media support.
- Build and maintain good relationships with artists, providing them with detailed itineraries for each engagement and coordinating travel and accommodation logistics with presenting organizations.
- Liaising with concert presenters to confirm concert details, arranging all artistic support including scheduling rehearsal times, media interviews, outreach activities, arranging merchandise sales, etc.
- Administer engagement contracts for roster artists; recording all financial information for each engagement accurately, and processing invoices and other financial documents. Corresponding with artists and accountant regarding tax documents and statement questions.
- Updating press materials for artists; maintaining company website and social media pages.
- Preparing visa and tax waiver applications for international artists and submitting in a timely manner.
- Providing general office administrative support.
The ideal candidates should have strong classical music background and interested in arts management as a career. We are looking for bright, organized, self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills, who possess a positive attitude and the ability to take direction and follow through on multiple projects at once, maintain discretion with confidential information, and serve as a strong representative of the company in person and on the phone. Computer literacy and proficiency are a must. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have proficient knowledge of classical music repertoire.
A stipend is provided for the internship position. The minimum time commitment is 25 hours weekly for 3 to 6 months. Position may include some evening and weekend events. Full academic credit is available.
Please send resumes and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Dispeker Artists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.