The Data Engineer builds and maintains data systems by collecting data from various systems, moving and storing it, exploring, cleaning, transforming and aggregating it into a format that can be easily analyzed. This position works closely with the data scientist team to implement artificial intelligence (“AI”) and machine learning tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and maintains optimal and scalable data systems and pipelines.
- Collaborates with internal team and business teams to improve data models that feeds Business Intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility.
- Transforms raw data by cleaning, structuring, and formatting. Makes data available for AI and machine learning to foster data-driven decision making.
- Understands data flow between various systems and monitors daily jobs, troubleshoots issues in data flow as they occur and communicates the issues and resolutions with internal and external team.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring that production data is always accurate and available for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assists in the resolution of data issues.
- Works with Data Governance team to help implement its processes and policies.
- Implements Change Request related to SQL Server changes to push changes in development to production environment
- Acts as a seasonal database administrator for MS SQL Server.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, data pipelines and architecture, including big data.
- Ability to work in Multiple Cloud environment.
- Excellent analytics skills associated with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented and great documentation skills.
- Ability to work in Agile Software Development environment.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with the Bank’s database framework, and the sources and uses of data.
- Highly motivated and organized, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong inter-personal skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience of SQL (No-SQL experience is a plus).
- 3+ years’ experience in Azure environment, especially Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Machine Learning Studio. AWS experience is a plus
- 7+ years’ experience of Python or Java development in data engineering.
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems.
- Banking experience is a plus.
Internal and External Contacts
- Will interact with a range of bank employees in a variety of seniority levels. Must have strong inter-personal skills.
- Frequent internal contact with department and senior managers on Information Technology issues or information requests.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity