2022 Corporate Banking Rising Junior Program
Corporate Banking – Rising Junior Program
Whatever degree discipline you’re studying, your skills and passion have a place at HSBC. With our Global Banking & Markets Rising Junior Program in the US, you will work in Corporate Banking and meet business leaders who share an interest in your career.
· You are a current Sophomore expecting to graduate with an undergraduate degree in or before June 2024
· Currently hold at 3.2 cumulative GPA or overseas equivalent
· You will not require visa sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future including OPT and F-1 visa. Be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the US.
Our eight-week program in Global Banking & Markets will provide you the opportunity to showcase your potential skills, as well as gain a good understanding and hands-on experience in the world of banking. You’ll be supported by open and values-led, high-performing team members, while our leaders will help you to be the best you can be, reflecting your interests and capabilities.
What you will do
You will gain an introduction to some of the most dynamic areas of our business and gain exposure to the ever-changing world of global banking, global markets and securities services. You’ll learn about the bank’s products and services, and experience how we leverage our international network to connect and service our clients, meeting their needs across developed and emerging markets.
You will be involved in exciting projects that will provide insight to how our business areas work collaboratively together, all the while being supported and guided by team members, and receiving formal training that will help build and develop your strengths.
In Corporate Banking, you will have the opportunity to work within a specific sector alongside a team of Relationship Managers who are responsible for managing the overarching relationships with our largest corporate and institutional clients. You will learn the industry and credit risks of the sector’s portfolio while gaining exposure to various product teams within Global Banking & Markets. You will liaise closely with our product partners in order to originate business and provide tailored and bespoke treasury, risk and financing solutions to clients.
Who does this suit?
HSBC is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout its workforce and wants all students to apply. We welcome applications from Black, Hispanic, and Female college sophomores. We are looking for motivated, courageous and curious individuals who are:
· Inquisitive learners. Being able to ask questions shows that you are willing to learn, so we are looking for those who are hungry for knowledge and a holistic experience of the business
· Diverse thinkers. During the program, we will invite you to get involved in a range of activities. You should be keen to share ideas, bringing a fresh outlook to each task
· Supportive communicators. We will introduce you to lots of new people during your time with us. Having a collaborative attitude will help you to solve problems quickly as a team and start to build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too
· Opportunity takers. We accept new challenges every day and we want you to do the same. You should volunteer for any tasks available to you during this program to get a real taste of life at HSBC
What can this lead to?
If our Rising Junior Program inspires you, now is the time to start thinking about joining one of our Global Banking & Markets internships in the US. After successfully completing this program, you may have the opportunity to be fast-tracked to the internship the following year which opens up an exciting and successful career with us.