New Grad - Enterprise Data & Analytics - Data Scientist
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about all aspects of party master data management (MDM). This team manages all customer and partner data across the VMware enterprise. This role will work primarily on data management reporting to increase the overall party data quality available throughout VMware. This role will have insight into the core data management of the party MDM application and learn about various analytic and reporting capabilities. This role would build a solid knowledge foundation for someone wanting to pursue a career in data management and MDM.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
This role will help develop and execute reporting needs that will drive better data quality within the Party MDM application. This will require data analysis and innovated thinking of criteria that can be used to drive data stewardship work assignments. They will help create and drive monthly data stewardship metrics. Additionally, taking analysis results and data trends to help drive requirements that can be added to the core MDM platform. This role will drive a trending overall increase in the data stewardship reporting operational processes and drive an increase in overall data quality.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
This role will primarily be assigned to data analysis and ad-hoc reporting. SQL skills are required as well as data management knowledge. This team member will have access to the raw data available within the MDM and will need to learn the relationships, data trends, and business use cases of VMware party data.
Examples of assigned tasks:
- Create metrics that track the type and volume of weekly updates and change the data steward team completes for management reporting.
- Review reported hierarchy and relationship issues that were reported over the last quarter and review to see if there are any trends that can be used to proactively identify these issues in the future.
- Monitor the task management process and ensure that the highest priority tasks are being completed. Escalate any high priority tasks that have not been completed within the SLA.
- Review overmatching and undermatching scenarios found over the last quarter and propose changes to the match and merge configuration that would increase the accuracy in the future.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This position will report to Jessica on the Party MDM team within Enterprise Data and Analytics. Her team owns the core party MDM functionality and owns the data stewardship team that updates and maintains the party data. This position has a lot of opportunities to learn new concepts and get involved with all aspects of managing party data. The team is very collaborative and everyone on the team has the ability to propose new ideas and process improvements. Innovation is highly encouraged. Our team is located in the US, India and Costa Rica and meets frequently as an entire team.
Where is this role located?
Remote: this role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the US.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
• Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to Bachelor-level New Graduates only. 'New Graduate' applies to those possessing a degree level requirement with a graduation date between May 2021 and May 2022.