2023 Summer- Credit Analyst Internship- Raymond James Bank- St. Petersburg, FL
Raymond James Bank offers innovative and diversified banking products and services to clients of Raymond James and to the public. Corporate & Real Estate Banking works with global financial institutions, large municipalities and global institutional property owners on leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate finance, real estate development, real estate acquisitions, equipment finance, project finance and tax-exempt finance, across the U.S., Canada and Europe. The summer intern will work on a team within the Corporate & Real Estate Banking Department and assist in the credit analysis of borrowers and the making of credit decisions.
Under general supervision, use skills obtained from relevant coursework to assist with the analysis, underwriting and approval of syndicated and direct loans in the leveraged finance, commercial real estate, equipment finance, project finance and tax-exempt sectors. Follows established policies and procedures to perform specific tasks and receives feedback and coaching from experienced professionals in the noted fields. Some judgement is required to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to more complex assignments. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specified projects and varied assignments.
Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Uses various reporting services to compile reports of client data.
Researches and analyzes financial statements, interprets findings, and prepares various reports.
Maintains documentation files and monitors compliance with terms of credit facilities.
Qualifications - External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- General understanding of accounting and financial analysis.
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn required software applications.
- Reading, interpreting, analyzing and applying information from credit reports.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Master's candidate pursing a College of Business degree. Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred.