As an entry-level IT Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting and maintaining the technology infrastructure of VISTECH and our clients. You will work closely with others on the team to provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for hardware, software, and network-related issues. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to start their career in the field of information technology and gain practical experience in a professional environment.
· Provide technical support: Assist end-users with hardware and software issues, troubleshoot problems, and resolve technical concerns in a timely manner.
· Helpdesk support: Respond to incoming IT support tickets and escalate issues as necessary, ensuring that all requests are addressed within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
· Hardware and software setup: Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, laptops, printers, and other peripheral devices. Install and update software applications, perform system upgrades, and maintain accurate inventory records.
· Network support: Assist in the configuration and maintenance of local area networks (LANs), including troubleshooting network connectivity issues, installing & configuring network devices, and supporting network infrastructure.
· User account management: Create, modify, and disable user accounts in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provide user access rights and permissions as required.
· Data backup and recovery: Assist in the implementation and execution of data backup and recovery procedures. Monitor backup systems and perform routine data backup and restoration activities.
· Documentation and knowledge sharing: Create and maintain technical documentation, including user guides, troubleshooting procedures, and knowledge base articles. Contribute to the internal knowledge-sharing platform to improve efficiency and provide self-help resources for end-users.
· IT asset management: Assist in the tracking, inventory management, and disposal of IT assets. Ensure compliance with software licensing agreements and maintain accurate records of hardware and software inventory.
· Stay updated on technology trends: Keep abreast of emerging technologies, industry best practices, and IT security trends. Continuously develop your technical skills and knowledge to provide effective support.
· Education: A degree or diploma in information technology, computer science, or a related field is preferred. Relevant certifications, such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), are advantageous.
· Technical skills: Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems (e.g., Windows, macOS), software applications, and networking fundamentals. Familiarity with troubleshooting common IT issues and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
· Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with end-users and colleagues. Ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
· Problem-solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to diagnose and resolve technical issues. Ability to think logically and follow troubleshooting methodologies.
· Customer service orientation: A customer-centric mindset with a focus on delivering exceptional support experiences. Patience and empathy when dealing with end-users, even in high-pressure situations.
· Organization and time management: Strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
· Team player: Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and contribute positively to the overall success of the IT department.
· Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to evolving technologies and learn new skills as required.