Part-time Finance and Administration Coordinator
Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
Title: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Type of Position: Part-time (20 hours per week), Non-exempt
Reports to: The Accounting Supervisor
The Greenway Conservancy, the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway, is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to join our team as the Finance and Administration Coordinator. This position will provide support to the Finance and Administration Department, by contributing to the smooth execution of the financial and administrative functions that enable the Conservancy to deliver engaging experiences on The Greenway. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organization and contribute to the betterment of a premier public space.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will assist in various Accounting, Finance, and Administrative operations, working with individuals across the organization to provide accurate and timely information used to further The Greenway’s day to day initiatives. This position offers an excellent opportunity to increase skills in accounting and finance, gain insights into nonprofit administration, and to interact with a broad range of individuals with a variety of skills and experience.
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
Accounting & Finance
- Assist the Accounting and Finance Coordinator with various items including:
- Bill processing through an online Accounts Payable system
- Document management including W-9s and vendor Certificates of Insurance
- Invoice preparation (Accounts Receivable - food trucks, 3rd party billing, volunteer payments, monthly maintenance contracts)
- Recording and reconciling depreciation
- Completing various tracking spreadsheets (credit card deposits, payroll and benefits, overhead expenses).
- Quarterly reporting to our major stakeholders
- Revenue entry and reconciliation as time permits
- Work with our Directors to process monthly credit card/expense reports, providing process improvements where possible
- Complete various tracking spreadsheets (credit card deposits, overhead expenses).
- Provide data entry support for various Finance and Administration functions
Human Resources and Administration
- Work with the Senior Office and HR Coordinator to:
- Complete payroll and benefits spreadsheets and journal entries
- Provide assistance with bi-weekly payroll
- Provide support to staff on office resources and technology
- Aid in office organizational projects and uniforms and supplies ordering
- Assist with document filing and scanning
- Serve as a point of contact to the general public, including front desk duties
- Manage the logistics of the Greenway’s Investment Committee meetings (4-5 per year) including collection and posting of documents, notifications, meeting attendance, meeting room or online meeting setup, meeting minutes
- Provide support for projects related to implementation of a new accounting system
- Assist Finance and Accounting with ad hoc projects as time permits
Skills and qualifications
- Accounts payable/receivable or accounting experience desired. Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in:
- Managing multiple projects
- MS Office Suite/Google-for-Work
- Oral and written communications
- Attention to detail is vital. Ability to anticipate issues, work collaboratively to develop solutions, and manage resolution is important. Positive, high-energy, and with a consumer oriented mindset.
- This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position.
- Work hours are generally Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required to accommodate very occasional evening work (Investment Committee meetings in particular).
- Work will primarily take place indoors, either remotely or in the office, but will occasionally require some time on The Greenway.
- Please email the following to jobs@RoseKennedyGreenway.org with job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant's last name.
- one-page cover letter
- one-page resume
- 3 references
- No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
To learn more about The Greenway and the Conservancy, please visit our website and blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.