Forensic Accounting & Investigations Intern (22345BR)
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
As a Intern, you will begin to utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you serve the Firm's dynamic client base. This position assists in problem solving and fact-finding, working side-by-side with more experienced team members who will provide direction, coaching and learning opportunities. This role provides the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business by working on various stages of engagements, including areas of fraud investigation, tracing assets, damages and lost profits calculations, business interruption and insurance recovery analysis and other matters as necessary. You will also gain an understanding of the business by working on various stages of a consulting engagement, including areas of Fraud Analysis, Claims Management, Business Restructuring, Anti Money Laundering, and Computer Forensics.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- Leadership experience, preferred
- Professional client service experience, preferred
- Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, preferred
- Mandarin, preferred
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn