Intern, Equity Risk Research Quantitative Researcher
This role will work in an equities-focused quantitative research team that researches and produces factors and factor models used throughout the firm. The intern will be under mentorship of a Quantitative Researcher. The intern’s responsibilities include:
- Conducting exploratory quantitative research and deliver insights related to new equity factors and/or improving existing equity factors. Research involves data analytics, statistics, machine learning and back-testing.
- Building tools that are essential to equity factor / factor model research that involves statistics and data visualization.
- Having the opportunity to work on a variety of investment-related datasets
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
In order to effectively represent the Company and do well in the role, must be someone who is:
- Graduate Students in Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field. The candidate must have at least 1 year completed towards their Master’s or Ph.D. degree by the time of the internship.
- Well-rounded students with an outstanding track record of academic achievement, broad based extra-curricular interests, and a passion for financial markets
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in the Summer
The ideal candidate for the position will be someone who has or is interested in:
- Solid knowledge in math and statistics
- Strong programming skills (Python/SQL experience required)
- Comfortable working with complex and large datasets
- Experience with financial/ portfolio management concepts and quantitative methods
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
- Outstanding track record of academic achievement, and a strong interest in financial markets
- Result driven attitude, ability to work under pressure, and desire to work collaboratively within a team
- High standard of professionalism in all situations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet/exceed deadline
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly; solid analytical, writing, verbal, technical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Pragmatic and have a can-do attitude in approaching real-world investment problems