Power & Infrastructure Finance Summer Analyst
Your role: 2022 Summer Analyst - New York
Investec's Power and Infrastructure Finance (PIF) team is seeking a Summer Analyst to join its New York-based team during the summer of 2022. This internship offers a rising Senior (or soon-to-be college graduate) interested in energy, infrastructure and/or finance the opportunity to work on live deals alongside full-time Analysts, as well as mid-level and senior-level bankers. The Summer Analyst will gain exposure to each step of the transaction process and will build a valuable skill set and deep knowledge base, while contributing to the team’s output.
Investec's global PIF team has been at the forefront of the project finance market for over 20 years working with top-tier sponsors on leading transactions. The PIF-North America team provides debt financing for thermal and renewable energy, midstream oil and gas, infrastructure, and core-plus assets. It assumes leading transaction roles and provides clients arranging, financing, underwriting, and syndication services.
What will you do?
- Support in the origination, execution, and syndication of credit facilities
- Work alongside an analyst to develop, analyze and optimize cash flow financial models in Excel
- Assist in analyzing transactions and running the due diligence effort, internal approval processes, and transaction execution work-flows
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed; including, but not limited to, management of portfolio loans and periodic reviews
What are we looking for?
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022- May 2023; Finance, Accounting, or STEM-related majors preferred
- Proven academic track-record from an accredited university; Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Previous internship experience in energy, infrastructure or finance is desirable, but not necessary
- Ability and keen interest to learn/research, digest, summarize and communicate detailed information, orally and written
- Self-reliant as required; reliable to meet deadlines and responsive to requests
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, attention to detail
- IT Skills, including Office proficiency
- Basic understanding of financial analysis, valuation and modelling techniques
Our diverse team consists of individuals of varied backgrounds, which we view as a strength and part of our team culture. Individuals eager to contribute will have the ability to learn or adapt existing skills with support from the team as they quickly grow into the role.
Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Could your career thrive in this setting? Could you see yourself making an impact? If this is the career opportunity you've been waiting for please apply today or contact us for more information.