EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST, DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will serve in a key role on the Digital Communications team at WRI, driving the growth and success of our email marketing program. In this position, you will partner with programs and platforms across the institute to shape email strategies, execute campaigns, and maintain the integrity of various lists within our marketing automation tool, Pardot. You will Report to WRI’s Senior Digital Marketing & Content Manager, you will be a member of WRI’s Digital team within Core Communications — a central group that guides and supports the communications work across WRI’s global network.
This position is remote due to Covid-19, but you will be based at WRI’s office in Washington, DC once restrictions have lifted with the possibility to be continued as remote in one of the states in which WRI is registered.
- Build email campaigns using Pardot with relevant audience segmentation.
- Advise on general content of emails, timing of sends (e.g., balancing against other campaigns), analysis of performance and testing opportunities
- QA all emails, ensuring content is accurate, tracking is set up (e.g., UTM parameters), and all links are operational
- Liaise with programs and partners to communicate best practices and identify potential innovations and dynamic new tactics.
- Manage email cadence to various lists and maintain robust calendaring
- Help develop and execute acquisition efforts for the institute, such as tactics on WRI.org
- Collaborate with the CRM data team to build ongoing post-send campaign reporting, including recommendations for enhancements and testing
- Execute A/B tests/experiments including, but not limited to conversion optimization, and provide actionable insights to further improve email performance
- Manage automated (trigger) email programs including leading quarterly performance and creative review
- Conduct analysis and offer recommendations for continual improvement
- Monitor IP/deliverability and email program performance on a weekly basis
- Serve as WRI’s subject matter expert for Pardot and train relevant staff on use of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a relevant subject; or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant, full-time email marketing employment
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing automation platforms (Pardot experience required and CRMs such as Salesforce)
- Strong experience with audience segmentation, A/B testing, building forms, and landing pages
- Experience synthesizing and translating information and/or data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans, as well as articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams
- Knowledge of responsive email design, email list management, and industry best practices, including GDPR and CAN-SPAM laws
- Proven ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets in Excel
- Fluency in programming languages (including HTML and CSS) for email execution
- Excellent writer with strong proofreading skills and sound editorial and ethical judgment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage priorities, learn quickly and multitask in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines
- US work authorization is required for this position
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working with international NGOs/nonprofits of a similar size and focus as WRI
- Passionate or knowledgeable about environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Proven success in executing email campaigns for high-profile or international brands.
$59,000 - $77,000. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
This position offers a remarkable professional growth opportunity for a talented early to mid-career email marketing professional who wants to help solve the world’s most urgent and difficult problems. The successful candidate will be an important member of a dynamic global research organization working to solve pressing challenges in such areas as food, forests, water, energy, cities, climate and the ocean.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.