Summer 2022 Intern, Credits and Incentives - Boston, MA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by to identify tax savings opportunities
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions or issues
- Respond to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities
- Review documentation and research issues
- Work with raw data to complete detailed calculations
Education and Experience:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Economics.
- Anticipated graduation date within one year of internship
- Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 6 – 12 Accounting hours depending on practice
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran