2022 Summer Intern Program (New York)
Sotheby’s, the oldest and largest internationally recognized firm of fine art auctioneers in the world, has been uniting collectors with world-class works of art since 1744. We will be offering exceptional undergraduate students the opportunity to participate in a unique 10-week paid Summer Internship Program!
The objective of the Sotheby’s Summer Internship Program is to provide practical training experience to students interested in pursuing a career in the fine art and auction world. Internships are available across various business areas. Interns will be assigned a department based on their academic interests and professional goals and will work under the supervision of a designated staff member. Over the course of the summer program, Sotheby’s interns will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a world-renowned auction house, see great rarities and works of art, and discover potential industry careers. In addition, Interns will gain exposure to the business through hands-on learning, executive exposure, team projects and so much more.
Sotheby’s is continuing to closely monitor New York State guidelines in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The safety of our employees and interns is our top priority. Currently, we are looking forward to welcoming our 2022 Summer Intern class onsite in our New York City Headquarters.
Summer Intern Program
- Experience the culture and atmosphere of Sotheby’s by taking on responsibilities of Full-Time employees, working on a variety of projects and making meaningful contributions
- Immersive orientation and training program; learn from our leaders about our culture as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Sotheby’s during weekly Speaker Series
- Continuous on-the-job training and work alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects throughout the program
- Exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions, speaker series, museum tours and other organized events
- Innovate with peers, throughout the internship there will be ample opportunities to collaborate with peers
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- A strong academic record with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Adaptive, positive attitude, multi-tasker, team player, strong work ethic, leadership skills with a curiosity and passion for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete the entirety of the onsite 10-week program, Monday, June 6 – Friday, August 12, 2022
- The application closes on January 31, 2022 at 11:59PM EST
- Our goal is to update candidates approximately one month after the application period concludes