Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Bunker & Ray, House Counsel for Chubb, is currently seeking a Legal Secretary for its location in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Seeking an energetic individual who will work effectively as a team member with experienced civil defense and employment litigation attorneys and their respective paralegals. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: Prepare and file pleadings in all venues, including State and Federal Courts, and administrative venues; Review mail on a daily basis; respond to incoming mail and ensure all mail is scanned; Maintain calendar and tickler system for Attorneys; Assist Attorneys in all aspects of case handling from inception of case through trial preparation; Actively monitor all cases, including discussions with claim examiners, clients and experts; Ensure cases are updated and all data in the case management system is accurate and current; Have thorough knowledge of the Court Rules in all venues; Adhere to all court deadlines; Ensure settlements are recorded, settlement documentation is received and cases closed.
The candidate should be a highly self-motivated individual, demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment effectively. Must possess the ability to thrive in a high-volume environment. In addition, qualifications include:
* Excellent communication and organizational/prioritization skills.
* Ability to navigate and effectively manage a case management system.
* Excellent drafting skills with regard to correspondence and pleadings.
* Proficient knowledge of Adobe, e-Filing, Windows 7 and Microsoft Word.
* Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
* Ability to converse in a professional manner with clients, claims, opposing counsel and experts.
* Extensive knowledge of both the State and Federal court systems.
* Minimum of three years of experience as a defense litigation legal secretary required.
* Prior insurance defense experience is preferred.
At Chubb we are totally committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work