Business Development Representative
This is an extremely rare opportunity and a good salesperson's dream!
We are an exciting, New York City-based freelance platform startup entering a new growth phase and looking to bring on an awesome sales professional to help us expand!
We have a virtually unlimited number of qualified leads, and we are now looking for someone who is able to successfully move buyers through the funnel. There is no cold calling in this position, just speaking directly with qualified buyers, developing rapport, and closing new business.
Basic technical knowledge, particularly custom software development, is a huge plus.
Most of our clients and client prospects are looking to build websites and mobile applications from scratch. We provide concierge-type services to power their projects from end to end, including technical development, marketing, administrative services, and everything else.
From day one, our new Business Development Representative will be assigned a full-time Digital Assistant to provide support service, including marketing, online research, appointment scheduling, and more.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Contacting qualified leads to establish rapport and arrange follow-up meetings
- Increasing the value of current customers
- Proposing new markets and improving sales
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met
- Training future sales personnel and helping team members develop their skills
Business Development Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks