2022 Summer Intern - Innovation & Design Office
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We're individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you'll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Innovation & Design Office (IDO) leads Equitable’s adoption of New Ways of Working and drives enterprise change by positioning the company to execute on its strategy.
As a summer intern within the Innovation & Design Office, you will help drive and support Equitable’s adoption of New Ways of Working. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research – Summarize research and data to help the team make compelling business cases and incorporate industry best practices
- Data analysis – Analyze data to drive insights and uncover trends throughout Equitable
- Deck building – Aide the team in building presentations for executive level stakeholders to drive adoption of New Ways of Working
- Execution – Support and coordination of deliverables (e.g., helping to coordinate events)
The duration of the internship is 10 weeks with the possibility of full time employment offered after graduation.
Internship Dates: June 6, 2022 through August 12, 2022
Skills required to ensure your success include:
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to in a wide variety of situations.
- Teamwork: Belief in the necessity and value of teamwork; experience working cooperatively towards shared goals and being supportive of others at all levels.
- Communication: Understanding the importance of insightful listening and communicating along with the ability to provide information and messages in a way that produces clarity and impact.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Continuous Learning: Understanding of the rationale behind the necessity to continually learn and grow and the ability to seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance and that of others.
- Results Orientation: Knowledge of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets; ability to drive critical activities to completion.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating or change.
- Rising senior in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program (Class of 2022) preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Leadership experience
- Internship experience preferred
At Equitable, we’re a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently – where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.