Data Scientist Intern, Auth0
Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote (U.S.)
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science, Statistics or related Quantitative Field, who are curious, excited, boundary-pushing students. The Data Scientist Interns will join Auth0’s Product Delivery Organization for Summer 2022. This is a paid, full-time, remote position located in North America.
The Data Science team consists of data scientists and machine learning engineers who work together to build custom predictive solutions for both customers and internal stakeholders. Our data products leverage the areas of machine learning, AI, and predictive analytics to drive business decisions and customer experiences, with our projects ranging from real-time security threat detection to customer behavior forecasting.
We Offer: High priority & meaningful projects, great mentors, development, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with other members of the data science team and business stakeholders to build impactful predictive models
- Experiment with different machine learning algorithms to increase efficacy of your model(s)
- Work within multiple phases of the machine learning project lifecycle, from ingestion to development to deployment.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, bonus points for scikit-learn or similar ML libraries
- Experience with Jupyter or equivalent notebook environment
- Interest in machine learning or related research papers a plus
- Any experience with cloud computing platforms
- Have particular interest in applications of machine learning
- Past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
Education and Training: (In progress) BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related Quantitative Field
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.