Nonprofit Management Internship
** This semester we are offering this internship as either fully remote, in-person, or hybrid **
Have a dream to run your own business or want to know what it’s like to work in the nonprofit industry? An internship with The World Music Foundation provides real-world business experience under knowledgeable, professional supervision while you tangibly advance our nonprofit mission of opening minds through music! …no busy work or fetching coffee here.
We're currently accepting applications for the position of Nonprofit Management Intern.
This internship is 12-15hrs per week and can be designed around your schedule.
You will learn about and gain real-world experience in the following areas:
- Public Relations & Media Relations
- Project management
- Fundraising, donor acquisition, & grant research/writing
- Board development
- Building and maintaining brand awareness and brand loyalty
- Creating and maintaining budgets
- Tour & media booking
- Researching & booking celebrity guests
- Managing multiple social media accounts
Please be clear and upfront regarding your capabilities and what you hope to learn and improve upon. We do not expect you to be an expert in any area, but it’s helpful to know where you have considerable experience and also where you do not, so that we can be as helpful to you as possible.
We are very committed to training and mentoring the right candidate and you will be working closely with our Executive Director, so there will be ample opportunity for both.
- Nonprofit Management, Music Business, Business, or Public Administration majors preferred
- Exceptional communication skills in-person, on the phone, and over email
- Creative problem-solving abilities and research skills
- Proven demonstration of strong organizational qualities and attention to detail
- Graphic design ability is a big plus, but not required
Starting or running a business is difficult work and careers in the Nonprofit sector can be hard to get and even harder to maintain, so passion in either case is required for success. We can show you what day-to-day operations look like.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
If you have a passion for running your own business, leading a nonprofit, or forging a career in management, reach out if you think we're a fit!