Non Profit Internship
School the World is a nonprofit organization that works to solve extreme poverty through the power of education. Working in Central America, School the World brings quality education to rural communities and children in need. Additionally, School the World offers a Global Citizenship program where high school and college students, companies and families can travel to Central America and help build a school.
We are looking for a talented intern interested in gaining hands on experience in an international nonprofit for the Fall 2022 semester. If you're interested in education, fundraising, service trips, humanitarian aid, research, or just learning how a nonprofit organization is run, this internship is for you!
About the position:
You will work with all staff members at some point in your internship, have long-term projects and day to day projects. Projects include administration of a nonprofit, operations, development, communications and educational research! We are a small office in Boston, so this intern will be very hands on & will learn a LOT.
- Assist Chief of Staff and Operations with overall administrative and operational tasks
- Perform research projects assigned by the Executive Director
- Work with Director of Engagement to promote global citizenship program and student service trips
- Assist with brainstorming new program opportunities and prospects
- Help complete any prioritizing tasks needed by the team
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Passion for School the World's mission of solving extreme poverty through education
- Interest in education, global citizenship, service trips, fundraising, and learning about nonprofit operations
- Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Strong written communication skills
- Willingness to work with a small, hardworking team that is changing the world
We require a minimum of 10 hours/week throughout the semester, and more if you'd like! We are flexible and will work with you to create a schedule that is accommodating. This is an unpaid position. We are a small office so we greatly value our interns and the contributions they make to our work.
We prefer local candidates who can work in our downtown Boston office 1-3 days per week, but will consider remote candidates.