Development & Production Intern - Spring 2022 (REMOTE)
FilmNation is looking for highly-motivated Development & Production Interns to join the team for Spring 2022. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to learn about the development, financing, and production of independent films and television.
What you'll do:
This experience gives interns the opportunity to learn about all facets of the industry while at an intimate, but extremely active production company through the performance of the following duties:
- Reading and analyzing submissions for our production and sales departments
- Attending weekly meetings regarding the progression of internal projects
- Researching and collecting data on up-and-coming filmmakers and talent
- Creatively brainstorming ideas for potential film and television projects
- Preparing and presenting a final research project to the FilmNation staff, on a topic of the intern’s choice
What you have:
- Passion for film and television
- A pro-active and positive attitude
- Strong and confident verbal communication and writing skills
- Previous experience writing comprehensive film coverage (preferred but not required)
Interns are expected to work remotely a minimum of 2 days per week. Intern Hours range Monday through Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm. Please note hours and dates can be flexible.
Internship compensation: Please note that this internship is UNPAID and all candidates must be able to receive school credit for the completion of the internship. Parking is reimbursable.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
About FilmNation Entertainment
FilmNation Entertainment is a leading distributor, financier and producer of independent films and is a destination for many of the world's most renowned filmmakers.
Since being founded in 2008 by veteran film executive Glen Basner, FilmNation has established itself as a home for specialty filmmaking with global appeal by focusing on a highly selective group of filmmakers and projects that emphasize both creative integrity and commercial potential.