One of the largest fully independent and employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., RVK, Inc. (RVK) provides world-class investment advice to institutional investors, including defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, endowments and foundations, insurance companies, and other special purpose funds. Commitment to client service, expertise, and no conflicts of interests are the cornerstones of our consulting philosophy.
We are a growing firm, with a broad slate of consulting capabilities and services, industry leading reputation for exceptional client focused investment consulting and strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
We are looking for intellectually curious and pragmatically innovative candidates with a “can do” attitude to fill our Investment Analyst position. Candidates must be prepared to work in an extraordinarily collegial team-oriented environment and consulting model.
This position is currently remote due to COVID but candidate will be expected to return to the office once it is safe to do so.
The Investment Analyst provides critical support to RVK’s consulting team. The Investment Analyst is responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly investment performance reports in accordance with RVK’s standards as well as responding to ad hoc internal and external client requests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare standard and customized investment performance reports, executive summaries, investment policy reviews, fee analyses, fund profile reports, memos, investment manager commentary, investment manager watch list reports, PowerPoint presentations, rebalancing analyses, socially responsible investing analyses, investment manager structure studies, and a variety of special projects at the request of internal or external clients on a daily, monthly, and/or quarterly basis with required levels of timeliness, quality, accuracy, and adherence to RVK and department standards
- Communicate with internal and external clients, investment managers, custodian banks, index vendors, and other third-party data providers
- Collect, input, analyze, and reconcile data
- Calculate, analyze, and interpret numerous financial statistics at the investment manager, composite, index, and peer group level
- Review, edit, and proofread materials as requested
- Gain the knowledge and time-management skills necessary to peer review deliverables; the peer review is intended to catch errors that may have been inadvertently missed by the investment analyst
- With assistance, define key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations, and information to internal and external clients
- Observe/participate in internal and external client meetings and team projects when requested
- Provide timely responses to internal and external client questions/requests and be proactive in supporting their success
- Certification by Bloomberg Professional Services for the Bloomberg Terminal within 90-days of employment
- Gain proficiency in PARis, IMDM, RADAR, AltInvest, Insignis, Bloomberg and SharePoint
- Maintain monthly and quarterly due dates, to do lists, checklists, and procedures
- Work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; follow through and up on assigned tasks (team, client, and administrative) without needing to be micromanaged
- Carry a full work load (15 to 30 low to mid complexity plans); and contribute to team and firm initiatives while consistently producing timely and quality work
- Assist colleagues as needed
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and/or participating in professional organizations
- Help achieve RVK business plan goals
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, and/or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong internal and external communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic grasp of financial concepts, terms, and benchmarks
- Basic grasp of financial math concepts such as capitalization-weighting, net cash flow, time-weighted rates of return, and geometric compounding
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage and manipulate data
- Ability to problem-solve independently
- Proven initiative to improve processes or create efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate progress and follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong internal and external client service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform a variety of highly responsible, complex, and confidential functions involving the use of independent judgment, problem solving skills, and personal initiative
- Ability to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action
- Strong work ethic; able and willing to work more than 40 hours per week when needed (deadlines and/or workload may require 50 to 60-hour weeks and include evening and weekend time)
- Friendly, professional work demeanor
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude even under the most stressful situations
- Good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
- Entry-level position, therefore, no prior work experience is required, but finance related internships are preferred
- Knowledge of the financial services industry helpful, but not required
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! We need professionals to help complement our PMA Department, who practice work ethics of the highest levels and possess high standards for their quality of work and approach to client service. For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the Contacts page. You will need to submit a cover letter and résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a .doc or .pdf file format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin including vets and disabilities.
No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please. We look forward to receiving your application!
*Between July and October 2019, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,100 individuals at 896 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the United States, including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients submitted and that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. To read the Greenwich article, please click here.