F/T Tax Junior
Lilling & Company LLP is a boutique accounting firm that has tripled in size over the last 10 years and is looking for a new Junior Tax Accountant. At Lilling we provide tax compliance, advisory, and advocacy services for a diverse client base that includes corporations and partnerships, including investment entities, broker-dealers, and not-for-profits, as well as high net worth individuals and families, and other operating entities.
We are looking to train someone who is smart, has a strong accounting education and excellent computer (Excel, Word, etc.) skills. You will be involved in every stage of the compliance process, including communicating with the client, gathering the proper documents, inputting them into the tax program, and completing the return. We are looking for someone who can take on increasing responsibility and wants to advance their career.
· Prepare various tax returns (1040s, 1065s, 1120s and other), tax extensions and tax projections
- Organize tax information
- Assist with tax notices and examinations
- Assist with tax audits, perform research projects, and monitor and review financial information
- Maintain working knowledge of tax software used in office
- Perform tax research, staying up to date on changes
- Prepare Compilations, Write-ups, and assist in Reviews
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation is a plus
· 0-3 years of relevant tax experience at a public accounting firm.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a client focus
· Highly detail-orientated, organized and proactive
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
Lilling is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.